Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 27-can you believe it?

I cannot believe that it was the 3rd of February when I last blogged. Since then the Queensland disaster (and the Victorian floods too) are history and now poor Christchurch is getting its turn-terrible earthquakes and so many lives lost.
I remember when I was a little girl in Scotland the teacher told us that there were earthquakes in New Zealand and I decided I would never want to live there, so when Dad said we were moving to a country far away, I was relieved when he said it was Australia.
Funny the things we remember clearly from our childhoods.
But we have been to new Zealand and it is a beautiful place and I hope they can get over this tragedy.
I am reading a book at present about the Clydebank Blitz River of Fire by John McLeod and that is probably part of the reason for my Blog absence-I am hopeless when reading-that is all I do. It is raining today so i am going to make some cards-people seem to like them which gives me an excuse to make more!

No comments: